The Golden Crusade Shuffler is a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet designed to help players when shuffling ore (such as Ghost Iron Ore). The spread sheet will take sample sizes as well as purchase prices for ore and break it down into the various products of the shuffle, and tell you approximately how much gold you stand to make.
Please feel free to submit any errors you encounter, or any comments you have about the Shuffler. You can find contact information on the The Golden Crusade About page.
- Estimate your profit margins for different Mists of Pandaria ore:
- Experiment with different amounts of transmuting, disenchanting, and more.
- Ghost Iron Ore
- White Trillium Ore
- Black Trillium Ore
- Account for Transmute Mastery and the Bountiful Bags perk.
- Works off purchase prices you supply, and market prices provided by The Undermine Journal
- Warns you if transmutes are worth more than the raw gems are selling for
- Download the latest version of the file (found towards the bottom of this page) and save it on your computer.
- Log into The Undermine Journal and download the Market Data for your realm in the format of your choice (XML, CSV, IQY).
- Insert the data file into the relevant tab (XML goes into the XML tab, CSV into the CSV tab, IQY into the IQY tab). You only need one of the three data options, and the spreadsheet will prioritize XML>CSV>IQY. For detailed instructions to insert each data type see below.
- Open the tab “Shuffler” and you will be presented with the main features of the spreadsheet. On this page the whole shuffling process is broken down and displays your estimated revenue. Edit the values in yellow cells to work the Shuffler.
[notice]If you’re using the spreadsheet on Google Docs you will need to first save a copy for yourself. Once that is done you will need to use File>Import to get the data in the spreadsheet. It’s recommended you use the CSV option.[/notice]
- Open the tab labeled “XML”
- Ensure cell A1 is selected
- Go to Data –> From Other Sources –> From XML Data Import and select the file you just downloaded
- If prompted select okay when Excel tells you the XML source does not refer to a schema
- Confirm you will be inserting XML table into existing worksheet at cell A1 (might show up as $A$1)
- Wait while it inserts the data, this may take a few moments
- You may be presented with several errors telling you some data was imported as text, ignore these and click OK
- Open the tab labeled “CSV”
- Ensure cell A1 is selected
- Got to Data –> From Text and select the file you just downloaded
- Click Next through Step 1
- In Step 2 uncheck Tab and check Comma; click next
- Confirm you will be inserting CSV data into existing worksheet at cell A1 (might show up as $A$1)
- Open the tab labeled “IQY”
- Ensure cell A1 is selected
- Go to Data –> From Other Sources –> From XML Data Import and select the file you just downloaded (you may have to change the box next to File Name to “All Files”
- Confirm you will be importing data into existing worksheet at cell A1 (may appear as $A$1)
- (Optional) Go to Data –> Connections select the connection you wish to edit (named <Faction>-<Realm>) and click “Properties…” Under Usage in Refresh Control you can control how often the IQY data refreshes itself
Quick breakdown of what some of the less obvious options and features do on the spreadsheet
- Value as Sparkling Shard or Serpent’s Eye?
- Tell the shuffler whether you want to calculate sales data based on selling Sparkling Shards or Serpent’s Eyes.
- Sell or Disenchant blue jewellery?
- Tells the shuffler if you want to sell the rare Ornate Band and Shadowfire Necklace procs you get, or disenchant them.
- Cut Uncommon Gems?
- If set to “Yes” the shuffler will calculate sales data off perfect cuts rates and sale and assume you vendor the non-perfect cuts. If “No” sells the uncommons raw.
- Override Purchase Prices?
- If set to yes allows you to enter your own purchase prices for Golden Lotus, Enchanting materials, Serpent’s Eye, Wild Jade, Imperial Amethyst, and Vermillion Onyx. If “No” it uses market price
- Do you have Bountiful Bags?
- If “Yes” takes the guild perk into account when disenchanting jewellery, if “No” uses default values.
- Do you have transmute mastery?
- If “Yes” takes the proc rate from transmute mastery into account. If “No” uses default values.
- If you want to make use of enchanting material conversion select “Yes” for any conversions you want to make. Conversions will only happen if it is profitable for the conversion and you’ve selected “Yes” for the conversion.
The boxes in the top left corner of the spreadsheet on the Shuffler tab tells the spreadsheet, and you, everything you need to buy. Golden Lotus through Vermillion Onyx is generated automatically based on what you intend to craft. If you enable Override Purchase Prices in the options section it will use your entered purchase price for calculating cost instead of the market price. The purchase price column will turn yellow when it’s using manual purchase pricing.
Gem Results Section
The bottom left of the spreadsheet’s Shuffler tab displays the estimated gem and sparkling shard yield. This is for information purposes and is used in other calculations in the spreadsheet. Changing these values affects everything else in the spreadsheet.
The Transmute section allows you to enter values for how many rare gems you want to transmute, including Primal Diamond the meta gem. The profit column shows if that particular transmute is profitable with “Yes”, “No”, and “Kinda”. “Kinda” means the cost of the transmute materials is more than the cost of the raw gem being produced, but less than the estimated cut value. If you try and transmute more Primal Diamonds than you have gems for the spreadsheet will add the purchase price of additional Wild Jade, Imperial Amethyst, and Vermillion Onyx to the cost totals. You can see this change reflected on the left of the Shuffler tab in the purchase section. The cost column shows the price of mats used.
Serpent’s Eye Jewellery
This section lets you test crafting of the jewellery made with Serpent’s Eye. The profit column will tell you if any particular craft is profitable or not (a simple “Yes” or “No”) while the value column shows how much the crafts will sell for. If you attempt to craft more jewellery than there is Serpent’s Eyes for the shuffler will add the cost of purchasing addition Serpent’s Eyes to the total cost for the shuffler; you can see these changes accounted for in the Purchase section.
Advises you what is more profitable, selling the rare Ornate Bands and Shadowfire Necklaces or disenchanting them.
The far right section of the shuffler tab breaks down everything sold in the shuffle including information as to how many of each item and the sale value. At the bottom you will find the total purchase cost of all the items listed in the purchase section, the total sale value, the AH cut, and the profit both in gold and as a percent of cost.
The Enchanting tab lists all the Mists of Pandaria enchants in the game. Enter how many of each scroll you would like to test crafting into the Craft column, the Profitable column advises you if that enchant is profitable. All the information to the right of the Profitable column is for calculations elsewhere in the spreadsheet.
The Ironpaw tab is used for the Ironpaw Shuffle. The boxes at the right of the page, coloured in yellow, lets you select what food items you will be turning in for Ironpaw Tokens, and what food you will be buying with the resulting Ironpaw Tokens. In the “Items to Trade In” column select the items you will be trading in from the drop down list, and in the “Items to Sell on AH” the items you will be purchasing (to then sell on the Auction House). The profit you stand to gain if you were to purchase and sell these items on the Auction House.
On this page you are presented with all the ways you can use your Spirit of Harmony. The spreadsheet tells you what the gold value of a Spirit of Harmony is in each application. The higher the better.
- Prospecting and Disenchanting yields use the data discussed in Results for Prospecting, Milling, and Disenchanting in Mists of Pandaria.
- White Trillium Ore and Black Trillium Ore currently not supported due to lack of prospecting data.
- Ore amounts are entered by the unit, not stack, due to Kyparite stacking up to 200 while the other ores stack to 20.
- Shuffler can double as an Enchanting calculator, simply clear all the ore purchases, transmutes, and crafts
- Most values are shown to the nearest gold, but all calculations are done to the copper.
- The Market Value for ore is presented only for reference, the spreadsheet uses your entered purchase price for all calculations.
- The Shuffler takes an average of all rare gem cuts, including uncut, that are at or above the price of the uncut gem when determining sale value for rare gems. The same is done for Primordial Diamonds and perfect cuts when cutting uncommon gems
- Bountiful Bags assumes a conservative 10% extra yield, transmute mastery a 20% average yield.
- Cells that are not highlighted for data entry are locked and have their formulas hidden. There are no passwords on the file so someone comfortable with spreadsheets can make their own tweaks.
- Version 1.0.1
- Fixed Sparkling Shards not counting Trillium Ore
- Added the new Primal Diamond transmute to Spirit of Harmony Optimizer
- Version 1.0.0
- Added support for the Ironpaw Shuffle
- Added Spirit of Harmony Optimizer
- Added support for Trillium Ore (both Black Trillium Ore and White Trillium Ore)
- Changed how the spreadsheet uses your enchanting materials – the spreadsheet now assumes you will try to use up all your enchanting materials, and if you run out will buy what you are missing
- Minor bug fixes
- Version 0.3.4 (Unreleased)
- Fixed the material requirements on Enchant Chest – Glorious Stats
- Version 0.3.3
- Fixed a cell causing problems in Google Docs
- Fixed a typo preventing the spreadsheet from pulling sale stats for Enchant Chest – Glorious Stats
- Version 0.3.2
- Fixed issue when purchasing additional gems for transmute
- Information tab is now protected
- Version 0.3.1
- Cleaned up price fetching formulas
- Fixed compatibility issues with other spreadsheet software
- Version 0.3.0
- Now accounts for and displays Auction House cut and profit margin
- Added and updated Enchanting support
- Can now calculate profits when making scrolls
- Converts to most profitable materials to buy and sell
- Added option for perfect cuts
- Fixed errors collecting cut prices with CSV data
- Data collection now prioritizes IQY>CSV>XML
- Added/Fixed Advice
- Now recommends whether to sell or disenchant the rare procs from Ornate Bands and Shadowfire Necklaces
- Now advises on which Enchanting material conversions are profitable
- Transmutes and Serpent’sEye Jewellery now tells you if the crafts are profitable or not
- Now able to enter override purchase prices for Golden Lotus and enter a price manually (also applies to the new Enchanting materials section)
- Cost now includes vendor items (Settings and Vellums)
- Option to calculate for selling or disenchanting blue quality Ornate Bands and Shadowfire Necklace (advice has been added for this as well)
- Now accounts for extra Serpent’s Eyes you have to buy
- Fixed logic for how many Ornate Bands and Shadowfire Necklaces you can craft
- Improved Ghost Iron Ore prospecting table with data from larger sample size
- Removed sneaky pesky XML maps so you should no longer get XML errors
- Cleaned up a bunch of convoluted formulas
- Version 0.2.3
- Fixed enchanting materials having incorrect prices
- Added option to value on Sparkling Shards or Serpent’s Eye
- Version 0.2.2
- Fixed Golden Lotuses not being accounted for since 0.2.0
- Fixed bug with one of the advice options
- Version 0.2.1
- Fixed bugs with Enchanting material market values
- Fixed Primal Diamond not taking updated Transmute Mastery update from 0.2.0 into affect
- Version 0.2.0
- Added support for jewellery crafted with Serpent’s Eyes
- Added options for collecting market values from CSV and IQY from The Undermine Journal
- Rearranged and cleaned up several sections
- Changed transmute mastery bonus to 20% (up from 10%)
- Version 0.1.1
- Fixed rare gem totals not accounting for primal diamond transmutes
- Fixed transmutes not accounting for Transmute Master
- Version 0.1.0